How to Clear Cache on Android? Clearing application cache and clearing application data are two concepts that are often confused with each other. So what is the difference between them?
When you encounter problems with certain software or application, have you ever been advised to “clear application cache” or “clear application data”? These are the two methods used to restore the application to its default state, thereby helping to fix some errors during use.
If you’re an Android user, you’re probably familiar with getting advice to “clear application cache” or “clear application data”. These two solutions are considered to help your device run smoother.
Although quite similar, but “clear application cache” and “clear application data” there are certain differences to clear system cache android. Journalist Scott Adam Gordon from AndroidPit technology site just had an explanation about the difference between these two concepts, VnReview would like to translate for readers to refer:
What is clearing the application cache?
Before knowing about (How to Clear Cache on Android) you should know what cache memory is. Cache memory is a temporary storage device for certain data types. The main purpose of the cache for apps like study apps, Google apps is to increase speed, help the device operate “smoother” and reduce the amount of data to handle and transfer.
After each phone reboot, have you ever noticed that the camera app will open quite slowly the first time? Meanwhile, If you check in the next times, the application open speed will be faster. This difference in speed is due to cache memory. Similarly, you will also feel that every website will load faster on the second visit. This is all thanks to files such as web page images that have been previously cached.
Users usually do not have to worry too much about cache. This is because the Android operating system has an automatic caching management feature. However, if an application encounters an error or stops working suddenly, you can manually clear the cached data to fix the problem.
When you clear the this caching memory, you will delete temporary application files. However, keep in mind that clearing the cache may not guarantee better performance and the application may temporarily boot slower the next time it is opened.
What is application data deletion?
Clearing application data is a “more powerful” step than clearing the application cached data. While clearing the cache causes little impact on the application’s saved settings and status, clearing data will erase / remove all preferences so far on the app.
Basically, deleting application data will return your application to the default state as if it had just been downloaded. For example, when you download a fitness app, you can set the length and sound of your workout to suit yourself. If you clear system cache android 9 or clear system cache android 10, these settings will not be changed. However, if you clear application data, these settings will disappear.
When should we clear application cache or clear application data?
Before knowing about how to clear cache on Android let see the difference between “clear application cache” and “clear application data” on your phone:
The first is to save storage space. Some applications can store gigabytes of data you no longer need. At that time, deleting data is necessary to get more storage space.
Another and more common scenario is that you need to restore an application to its default after it has an issue such as an error or automatically closes the application. “Clearing application cache” or “clearing application data” are the two fastest ways to do this.
Necessity of clearing application cache and application data”
You should occasionally clear the cache memory in your phone. And when doing that, you should prioritize clearing the cache in the applications that are using the most data. Here are instructions for clearing the cache on your phone:
Clear the cache of the application
This is a temporary storage area of a device that helps retain certain types of data. This is basically a data storage area or processes that are frequently used for faster access in the future.
The purpose to clear cache on Android is to save time, speed up the operation of the device and reduce the amount of data to be processed during use.
Did you notice that after rebooting the phone, the applications will start quite slowly, and will be faster in subsequent openings? The increase in speed during subsequent reboots is due to the data caching.
When you clear data cached by an application, you delete the temporary files of that application. However, it should be noted that this will make subsequent use slower.
Clear application data
Deleting application data will reset the application to its default state, which will make your application behave the way it did when you first downloaded and installed it.
The difference between these two operations is that clearing the cache will not affect the saved settings. By contrast, deleting stored data will erase all information, and customizations on your application.
The purpose of these operations is to save storage space. Some applications can store data up to GB that you no longer need. In this case, you need to delete them to free up device memory.
Another and more common reason for this is to help you reset the application to its default state when the application fails or is difficult to use.
1. How to clear application data?
To clear the cache and data for each application, you need to follow these steps:
Step 1 : Go to the Settings menu > Click Applications option . Then find the All Apps tab .
Step 2 : Choose an application that takes up a lot of space.
Step 3 : Click the button Clear cache . If the device is running Android 6.0 Marshmallow or newer, you will tap on Memory and then select Clear cache .
To clear application data instead of cache, simply select Clear data .
2. How to clear application Cache(How to Clear Cache on Android)?
To clear the cache memory for all applications, you need to do the following:
Step 1 : Go to the Settings menu from Home.
Step 2 : Click Memory option> Select Cache Data or Saved Data .
The screen will then ask you to confirm deleting everything cached. Please select Confirm to delete.
Tips for iPhone users for removing Cache from iphone
Don’t understand why your iPhone is running slower than usual? Contrary to what you might think, the cause of this problem is due to the iPhone storing too much unnecessary data in the cache, not because your device is old or your network is slow. This means it’s time to clear.
The data stored in the cache includes all your phone files and images hidden in memory. These include login information and scripts from websites you have previously visited.
Theoretically, this feature is supposed to help you do things easier and faster because the phone does not have to constantly ask you for passwords and other information.
However, in fact, when the amount of data in the cache is too much, especially when they are mostly obsolete, unnecessary data, your device will become slower.
Therefore, you should occasionally clear the cache memory for the best possible performance.
Fortunately, this is a quick, simple process, and even people who are not familiar with the mobile phones can do it themselves.
If you feel your device is sluggish, you should know how to clear app cache iphone, follow the steps below, starting with the application you use the most, Safari.
Clear the Safari cache
1. Before you delete data, make sure you remember the necessary passwords. This process will log you out of all the websites you usually visit.
2. From the Settings app , navigate to Passwords & Accounts and select Safari .
3. Here, select the Clear History and Website Data tab .
4. Your device will ask you to confirm deletion of Safari data. Click the Clear History and Data button to confirm.
Clear the cache of third-party applications
1. For third-party applications like Facebook, Instagram, Google Maps …, you can manage the memory in Settings > General > Storage.
2. On the Storage screen , you will see a list of all the applications you have installed on your computer, with the application taking up the most memory in the first place.
3. If you select any one of these applications, you will see the exact amount of space it is occupying in the Documents & Data section .
4. If your device is running out of space, you’ll find suggestions for what to do to clean up your iPhone in the Recommendations section . To view details, just click the Show All button .
5. If you want to follow the suggestions, simply select Enable at the corresponding proposal.
6. If you want to clean up the space manually, select the app and then delete old, unnecessary files, such as message history, playlist, photo albums, emails, etc.
Delete and reload the application to free up cache
1. If you have an application that takes up a large amount of unnecessary space, you should delete it and download it again. That’s because social networking apps constantly store images and videos you’ve watched, and sometimes the only way to clear the cache is to remove the app.
2. To delete an app, simply select it under the iPhone Storage menu and select Delete App at the bottom.
3. Reload the application by visiting the App Store and looking for it or looking for it in the Purchased section. If it is a paid app, you will not have to buy it anymore.